Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Yet Another Adventure At 4476

Today I found out some unexpected news; it seems I'm being promoted to the modular team at work. "WTF is a modular? And why does it need a team?" you ask. A modular (or "mod"), is basically the way the merchandise is positioned on the shelf. A layout of where shit goes, if you will. Every so often, Home Office decides they want things displayed differently on the shelf. For example, I reset the mod each week when I put out the new release games and movies. And actually, we've just finished up the cereal aisle. Essentially, the Mod Team is a group of associates who handle re-doing the mods (re-arranging the stuff on the shelf to match the mod). When they're not doing that, they stock like err'body else.

So while I won't have any sort of authority, I will be getting a slight pay raise and best of all, their schedule is Sunday - Thursday. As of yet I don't know when this will go into effect, but nonetheless I look forward to it.

To be honest, I wasn't sure if this would be considered a promotion, since I've never received one (produce to electronics was a lateral transfer).
ME: So, just curious, did I just get promoted?
MANAGER R.: *nods* Mmm-hmm. But you know what that means right? You gotta do a good job you know.
ME: I haven't failed you yet. *confident grin*

In keeping with the spirit of epic-ness, FUCK YEAH SABATON! \m/

2 comments:

  1. So awesome - congrats! .. and free weekends to do stuff? Even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deserve it Jenny! I'm pleased as punch for you.

    ReplyDelete