Saturday, April 7, 2012

Tales From 4476

Story time! :D

OK so, last night I was working in the cereal and snacks section. Around 4:30 a.m., this family comes down the cereal aisle and is presumably debating on which cereal to buy. They have a small child with them, who is probably like, 3 or something. So family is debating, and their kid is just...staring at me. I'm sitting on a milk crate stocking the bottom shelf with Great Value Corn Flakes, and she's standing like 2 feet away from me, staring at me like I have 3 heads, which is a surprisingly common occurrence when I encounter children. She keeps asking her mom "Who is that?" until her mother finally says "I don't know honey we don't talk to strangers." And they leave. I couldn't help but stop what I was doing, look at the ceiling, and say "FFS I work at Walmart, not out of a white, windowless van with 'Free Candy' written on it!" Not that I was offended but come on! By the way, if you sit and stare at me, I won't speak to you regardless because you're creeping me out and it makes me very uncomfortable.


And now I'd like to make a public service announcement: When we are on break, we are customers too. During this past week, our manager told us of this one lady who called up the store to complain about us. She claimed we were rude and unhelpful to her (which manager didn't believe at all), and had the nerve to complain that we didn't let her cut in front of us at the register. Excuse me. We are on our break. We get 15 minutes. When I am standing in this check out line with my bottle of Gatorade and perhaps a 3 Musketeers, I am a customer just as you are. My navy T-shirt does NOT give you the right to cut the line, treat me like dirt, or act like I am your servant. My badge says "Jenny" NOT "peon." Now get your snotty, entitled ass in the BACK OF THE LINE and wait like everybody else.

No comments:

Post a Comment