Thursday, May 3, 2012

Never A Dull Moment

So I finally went and bought my new TV that I'd been saving my tax return for. Of course I purchased it from my store, mainly because that was the best deal I could find, and also, associate discount. Anyway. I found my TV and Jack, the electronics associate, rang me up. Now, the Assistant Manager in the department, who had just finished her overnight rotation in February, was hovering about and the following conversation occurred.


Manager: Did you tell her about this TV?
Jack: Why do I need to do that? She works here.
Manager: Well she hasn't worked electronics in some time...
Me and Jack: *WTF face*


Because all knowledge I ever had about the department and our products just flew out the window when the job code did. Yes. That makes sense. Why then, does everyone on my shift holler for ME when there's a customer needing assistance?! According to this logic, I have completely forgotten how to stock now that I'm a cashier.


Also, Virginia state law disallows the sale of alcohol by retail establishments between midnight and 6 a.m. The system literally will not allow us to ring up an alcohol purchase. There is nothing I can do about this. There isn't an "Unless It's Your Birthday" clause. It has nothing to do with me, this store, or the company. It's STATE LAW.


And please remember these things the next time you feel like antagonizing the poor cashier who works for slightly more than minimum wage:




No comments:

Post a Comment