Friday, July 20, 2012

Time For A Change, I Think

Now more than ever I find the hours I work to be incompatible with my life.

So I've mentioned to my manager that I'd like to go to the 4 - 1 shift (1600 - 0100) and work in the backroom doing inventory stuff. The main reason for this is because it would be much easier to balance work with my duties as a Future Sailor. DEP meetings and DEP mentoring are always at 1600, which is smack in the middle of my sleep time. Granted, DEP meetings are only once a month, and I've already fixed my schedule so that I have that day off every week, but it really sucks to have to get up, go to DEP mentoring, go back home, and try to get some more sleep before work.

Also, I find no satisfaction with my current position. Not saying I hate it, but I find it less rewarding than stocking. I go home feeling like I haven't really accomplished anything.

Manager said there'd be some openings soon, and that he'd keep me in mind. But then again, I've been told that before.

No comments:

Post a Comment