Sunday, April 15, 2012

Titanic

Tonight is the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic. This ship has captivated people's interest since, well, since it happened.

I'm never "on time" with seeing movies and such, I always seem to see them after they're already out on home video. So I didn't see the movie Titanic until a year after its release to theaters. I liked the movie so much (my sister as well), that we wore it out. The second tape was so worn out it wouldn't play after awhile. Anyway, my 12 year old self was enthralled by this, and thus began the research. Of course I'm no expert, but I acquired quite a large amount of knowledge on the subject. I still remember most of it, actually.

But the event itself wasn't the only thing that caught my interest. There was a certain man in uniform who stole the show, in my opinion. Not only did I develop my first ever celebrity crush, but I, at 12 or 13 years old, made the decision: "I want to do what he does. I want to be an actor." So I began taking drama classes throughout the rest of my school years, up until senior year of high school, when my interests drifted in a different direction. I was in 2 plays in 8th grade, which were two of the best experiences I've had in my life. Sadly, I was not quite able to land a part in any of my high school's plays. :/ Point is, this man changed my life, for I believe that had it not been for him, I would not have taken drama classes at all, thus I may never have come out of my shell. He may not occupy mind like a certain German does, but he will always have a place in my heart because of that (and I still think he's fucking adorable!).



So, dear readers, here is the man, in probably the most INTENSE 5 minutes ever, that so captivated my adolescent self, and even to this day motivates me to go after what I want in life.

Excuse the bad audio, it was the best one I could find.









And here's another, because I feel like it. Best fan tribute ever.

2 comments:

  1. I was the same way! I knew everything about Titanic and we watched it allll the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I wasn't the only one! lol. My sister had the biggest crush on Mr. Andrews, but I was Team Murdoch all the way. OMFG why don't I have this on Blu-ray??!

      Delete